Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Daily Kos: NN11 - the first day continues

Daily Kos: NN11 - the first day continues

NN11 - the first day continues

I arrived at the Convention Center at about 7:15, helped set up for registration, and volunteered getting people their credentials until around 9:30. This is part of the volunteering I am doing in return for the scholarship from Democracy for America, about which more in a minute.

I saw a familiar name, and asked the young lady if she were related to someone I knew. Turns out she's his daughter. I first met him in 1963 when we played soccer together in college.

Saw another familiar name, and she too turned out to be the daughter of someone I knew, albeit in this case only electronically. Finally met him when he stopped by tyhe DFA booth where I was I volunteering for an hour for the rest of my service.

There are other organizations helping with the scholarships, including for example Sojourners. The mix of those