Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 13, 2011

School Tech Connect: Deb Meier: Individualization vs. Personalization

School Tech Connect: Deb Meier: Individualization vs. Personalization

Deb Meier: Individualization vs. Personalization

There's only so much you can do with a Flip cam from a distance in dim lighting. Next time I'll bring the better camera. Anyway, of all the footage I shot at Navy Pier, this is the only piece that I'm going to post.

In this short clip, Deb Meier is responding to Harold Levy, who had just described his belief that the future of education will be one of individualization through technology in general and in gaming technology specifically.

I think only a fool would assert that technology is going to recede into the background, and as for gaming, I think the military is already going down that road. Anyway, here's Deb.





I love technology, and in my own life, technology has helped me build a voice and a mission. Technology gets me out of the house and into the streets. But I hear what Deb is saying-- there's a difference between