created the doc: "Letter about Vouchers...help me edit. My deadline is later tonight."
Claudia Swisher wrote this letter to the OK State Superintendent. Worth sharing, for its tone, as an example of a powerful but respectful teacher voice:

Superintendent Barresi,

Thank you for attending the morning session of the Brock Symposium this Friday. I was excited to hear current educational research from the prize winner, Dr. Linda Darling-Hammond. I trust her insights and heard about some innovations that sounded promising.

I was disheartened to hear the teacher ask her about retention based on testing. I knew that was aimed at you, and I knew what her answer would be: research does not support retention at all. The setting of the Symposium, with a national leader, was not the right time or place to discuss this issue. This is a ‘family matter,’ and needs to