Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 27, 2017

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: WEEKEND QUOTABLES:

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Muhammad Ali vs. Ernie Terrell in 1967. "What's my name...?"
Dave Zirin

  Government agents had the temerity to ask Muhammad Ali, Jr., where he “got his name from.” In my dreams, he answers that question with a left hook. -- The Nation
William Owens, father of commando killed in Yemen raid

 “I’m sorry; I don’t want to see him... I told them I don’t want to meet the president. I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him... Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why?” -- N.Y. Times
Keith Ellison

 “We don’t have the luxury to walk out of this room divided." -- Washington Post
Bernie Sanders

 Sanders, who had supported Ellison, said in a statement that it was “imperative that Tom understands that the same-old, same-old is not working and that we must open the doors of the party to working people and young people in a way that has never been done before.” -- Washington Post
Jimmy Kimmel

...skewered Donald Trump and the Academy’s record on diversity in his opening monologue for the Oscars, thanking the president and saying: “Remember last year when it seemed like the Oscars was racist?” -- Guardian
Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: WEEKEND QUOTABLES: