Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, July 18, 2013

TFA co-CEO’s vs. The Boogeyman | Gary Rubinstein's Blog

TFA co-CEO’s vs. The Boogeyman | Gary Rubinstein's Blog:

TFA co-CEO’s vs. The Boogeyman

So here I am trying to mind my own business when I see this tweet on my feed:
This is by one of the co-CEOs of TFA, Matt Kramer, quoting something that the other CEO Elisa Villanueva-Beard said in a speech at an alumni award event in Detroit.  This line surely got Villanueva-Beard a large ‘applause break’ (as indicated by the 100 retweets — that is a lot).  But if I were there I certainly would not be applauding.
One thing I can definitely say about the Kramer and Villanueva-Beard is that they are certainly ‘accessible.’  They routinely respond to twitter messages from supporters and critics, alike.  And as I wrote about recently, I was even invited to meet them on their TFA listens tour.  They seem nice enough.  Kramer reminds me of some of the guys I used to play chess with back in my days of serious chess study.  But as much as I might like them as people so far, I can’t say that I really respect them yet.  My sense is that they are not really ‘authorized’ to make any big sweeping