Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Animal Farm -- The Bloomberg/Daley Alliance

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Animal Farm -- The Bloomberg/Daley Alliance:

Moreno: "I just want to be a pig."
One of the reasons I love Chicago politics so much is that our politicians are so out there.  For example, here's my quote of the day. It comes from former Cook County CommissionerJoe Moreno, who is about to be sentenced for taking bribes, but who refuses to roll over on his machine/mob pals.
“I don’t want to be a hog, I just want to be a pig,” Moreno famously said in the course of trying to negotiate a bribe from FBI mole Michael DiFoggio. “Hogs get slaughtered, pigs get fat.”
A real stand-up guy.

Speaking of hogs, most of my political-junkie expert pals write off Billy Daley in the IL gov's