Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daily Kos: Why I Unquit

Daily Kos: Why I Unquit:



Today, Diane Ravitch posted this blog, which reproduces a letter from Ron Maggiano, a Disney (and other) award winning teacher in Fairfax County about why he decided to leave the classroom after 33 years.   Many of things about which he complains are familiar to me.
They were part of the reason I retired a year ago.  But as regular readers of my posts know, that after spending some time back in a classroom before my wife was diagnosed with her cancer, I began to realize that I belong back in the classroom, as long as I can function with integrity.
I posted a comment on the blog post, which I have decided to reproduce here, below the squiggle.
Take it for what it is worth.
Peace.