Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ed Notes Online: Norm in the Wave: UFT Election Season: The Game is ON as Mulgrew Ducks Debate

Ed Notes Online: Norm in the Wave: UFT Election Season: The Game is ON as Mulgrew Ducks Debate:


Norm in the Wave: UFT Election Season: The Game is ON as Mulgrew Ducks Debate

April 5, 2013





http://www.rockawave.com/news/2013-04-05/Columnists/School_Scope.html


UFT Election Season: The Game is ON as Mulgrew Ducks Debate
By Norm Scott

Recently a reporter asked me why a 10-year retiree is still doing this UFT union stuff. “I’m crazy,” I told her. Probably as a result of hitting my head while attempting to walk under my house to see if it meets flood standards.

Every three years, the United Federation of Teachers holds an election for 12 officers, 89 Executive Board members and some 700 AFT/NYSUT convention delegates. With ballots going out on April 3 and due back by April 24, we have reached that point once again. Full disclosure: I am a member and activist with Movement of Rank and File Educators (MORE) a new group challenging the ruling Unity Caucus party which has held onto