Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Teachers Don't Suck !: "Your mother wears army boots"

Teachers Don't Suck !: "Your mother wears army boots":


"Your mother wears army boots"




    "Your mother wears army boots" - that's what we used to say in my school days. 
   Based on the article below I supposed that the school should have been held liable for not punishing us in the severest fashion for our obvious "bullying".
    Now, before I begin my short rant, let me say that I never appreciated nor condoned anyone being "picked on". I never allowed it in my class or in the teams which I coached. Most often all it took was a stern - "I want you to leave him alone" - and the harassment would immediately stop.
I certainly am not in favor of "bullying" of any child or as a matter of fact, any adult either.
   But, my questions are:
What is the definition of "bullying"?
Is the occasionally childhood teasing really "bullying"?
Is a teacher's criticism of a student's poor