Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Less Time Teaching, More Time Learning | Connected Principals

Less Time Teaching, More Time Learning | Connected Principals:


Less Time Teaching, More Time Learning

This post originally appeared on the “Education is My Life” site, which has several offerings aggregated by A.J. Juliani.
I don’t remember much about what I learned in elementary school, but I do remember how much I cared about my teachers, and inversely, how much they cared about me.  The teachers that meant the most to me were the ones who understood that I was a very active kid who could not sit still for anything; and if you look back at any of the pictures that I had to colour in as a student, you would find many unfinished pieces of art.  To say I became bored easily would be an understatement and I constantly needed to move on to the next challenge.

AN ASSIGNMENT WORTH REMEMBERING

Then in grade three, I had an assignment that I will never forget.  Actually, I could not tell you much about what