Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: Tom Friedman to America's Kids: "Suck On This!"

Jersey Jazzman: Tom Friedman to America's Kids: "Suck On This!":


Tom Friedman to America's Kids: "Suck On This!"

NY Times columnist Tom Friedman has said many stupid things over the years. Many stupid things. I mean, really stupid. Just... stupid.

Today, however, I believe he has outdone himself:
That said, my own nominee for secretary of state would be the current education secretary, Arne Duncan. 
Yes, yes, I know. Duncan is not seeking the job and is not the least bit likely to be appointed. But I’m nominating him because I think this is an important time to ask the question of not just who should be secretary of state, but what should the secretary of state be in the 21st century? [emphasis mine]
Tom, you might also point out the man is in no way qualified in the slightest to conduct foreign policy. He has