Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: "Sorry, I Gotta Teach..."

Jersey Jazzman: "Sorry, I Gotta Teach...":


"Sorry, I Gotta Teach..."

I'll try not to make this too whiny, but there's a point I'd like to make that has nagged me for a while:

Ken Bernstein, Diane Ravitch, and John Jackson were at Netroots Nation yesterday. I would have loved to have been there, and maybe get a chance to ask a question. But a trip to Providence this time of year is out of the question, so I would have settled for watching the live feed and participating on-line.

But it was at 10:30, and I had to teach my Fourth Graders.

I don't fault the NN folks for scheduling the session when they did; Diane is very busy, as is Ken and I'm sure John. You work these things out as best you can. But it seems that there are many events and meetings and policy debates and discussions that directly affect teachers that are nearly impossible for us to participate in,