Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Velderman, Olson, IPI, Chuck Goudie connection. And where is the IEA on the Big Lie? « Fred Klonsky

The Velderman, Olson, IPI, Chuck Goudie connection. And where is the IEA on the Big Lie? « Fred Klonsky:


The Velderman, Olson, IPI, Chuck Goudie connection. And where is the IEA on the Big Lie?


 Ben Velderman and Chuck Goudie. Separated at birth?
As I read the phony expose by ABC’s Chuck Goudie’s I-Team (“I-Team” apparently standing for the “I’ in Illinois Policiy Institute) on teacher pensions, I kept thinking I’d heard this all before.
And I had.
Back in February of 2011.
Kyle Olson did a blog post about how Wisconsin teachers didn’t pay into their pension. He had read the contracts. And they said that the board would “pick up” the pension payment.
I pointed out at the time that this was typical Education Action Group nonsense. That “pick up” meant hat the