Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week 11: Reflecting on Parent Conferences

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week 11: Reflecting on Parent Conferences:

Week 11: Reflecting on Parent Conferences

Number 11
Just in time for parent conference season, Thomas Friedman does a piece in the NY Times on the role of parents in improving schools and their own children.
How does that fit in with my parent conferences? Most of my parents are communicating with their kids, and seem to be on track with the recommendations that Friedman suggests help students do better (reading with their child, asking questions, rewarding their efforts, monitoring homework).

My biggest “problem” this parent conference season has not been with adults, but some of my student’s inability


Adding to my permanent record…

Recent feature on my former school site, featuring yours truly…