Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I love my football. But I love my pension too. « Fred Klonsky

I love my football. But I love my pension too. « Fred Klonsky:

I love my football. But I love my pension too.

Nobody who knows the story of the lousy way many of the early NFL players have been treated can feel anything but good at the recent news that a Legacy Fund has been developed as part of NFL player pensions.

Back in the day, many of these great players never hear of the multi-million dollar contracts that today’s franchise players get. In fact, most NFL players today don’t see that kind of money.

But I couldn’t help but wonder when we would read a statement like this:

Nothing we do or say can ever fully express our appreciation for the teachers who teach in our schools.

Or:

It’s easy to say we appreciate teachers. But our actions need to tell