Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Students’ Feedback #1 « Outside the Cave

My Students’ Feedback #1 « Outside the Cave:

My Students’ Feedback #1

One of my goals for this year is to gather regular feedback from my students. This is something I did regularly in the first few years of my career, but moved away from doing for no good reason.

I took my survey from Understanding by Design. Friday, I asked asked students for thoughts on the following questions:

  1. What was the most interesting thing we’ve done in the past two weeks? What made it so interesting?
  2. What was the most boring thing we did in class the past two weeks? What made it so boring?
  3. What worked the best for you the past two weeks in this class? In other words, what specific activity, lesson, technique, or tool helped you learn the most? Why?
  4. What didn’t work for you the past two weeks? What activity, assignment, or lesson was the most confusing or unhelpful? Why?

I also students whether they agreed with the following statements:

  1. The work was focused on big ideas, not just unconnected little facts and skills. We are learning