Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Urban Teacher's Education: Revisiting My Blogging Methods and Purpose

An Urban Teacher's Education: Revisiting My Blogging Methods and Purpose

Revisiting My Blogging Methods and Purpose

It has recently come to my attention that I may not be representing myself accurately on this blog. People who know me in real life have recently suggested that my writing here is significantly more angry and vitriolic than they'd expect. This concerns me.

It is true that I am angry, disgusted, and horrified by a lot of what I learn about education politics. On the other hand, I try desperately to keep an open mind. I continually attack my own beliefs (in my head) and try to consider others' arguments. However, it may be the case that the tone I often take on this blog gives first-time readers the wrong impression about who I am and what I stand for.

There seems to be something unique about the act of blogging in that the entirety blog (especially blogs that have any sort of personal tone to them) often provides necessary context for individual posts. There are some