Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Second Wall (D-Day) | Mr. Teachbad's Blog of Teacher Disgruntlement

The Second Wall (D-Day) | Mr. Teachbad's Blog of Teacher Disgruntlement

The Second Wall (D-Day)

The dedication of students to delay, decry, disrupt, demand, disengage, dick-around and deliberately dissemble draws on a deep deposit of determination.

My drive and desire to debate, describe, direct, dissuade, distract, differentiate and dangle inducements is definitely dangerously diminished.

Deriously.

Is that enough with the Ds?

Mos def. (Just stop it.)

The Second Wall: I’ve hit it. You might be wondering what The First Wall was. That’s fair. I wrote about The First Wall here back in November. I was curious, so I reread it. As it turns out, these two walls are remarkably similar. But The Second Wall has an added feature: Six months’ degradation of teachers’ mental and emotional states. We’ve become weaker.

But what happens to the students? They are energized by this. I am convinced that there is a direct, yet