Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Daily Kos: One week of teaching -  the good, the bad and the ugly

Daily Kos: One week of teaching - the good, the bad and the ugly

One week of teaching - the good, the bad and the ugly

In reverse order. And then a little reflection on what if anything it might mean.

The Ugly - I have a problem class. 12 failed 1st quarter, and more had Ds (they are guranteed a C if they simply do all the work). This week two were put up for expulsion. While they are out of school I have to give them assignments, in case they are not expelled. The reasons for the expulsion are not for things in my class.

The Bad - . In my non-AP classes I am giving them all the terms and definitions for which they are responsible at the start of a chapter so that we can try to explore things in more depth. While doing a check of knowledge