Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 13, 2010

Daily Kos: I invite you to explore some different thoughts on education

Daily Kos: I invite you to explore some different thoughts on education

I invite you to explore some different thoughts on education

I am currently reading a book by Parker Palmer, which while not specifically on education contains some interesting observations thereupon. First published in 1980, The Promise of Paradox: A celebration of the Contradictions in the Christian Life has an introduction by Henri Nouwen, who was a close personal friend of Palmer. In the portions I will share below the fold, among other things you will see reflections on the idea of multiple intelligences 5 years before the publication of Howard Gardner's seminal Frames of Mind, and remarks