Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 13, 2010

Damn Good Education Daily

Damn Good Education Daily
Damn Good Education Daily
truth-out.org - Standardized testing has become central to education policy in the United States. After dramatically expanding in the wake of the No Child Left Behind Act, testing has been further enshrined by the...

DianeRavitch





larryferlazzo.edublogs.org - I support developing more effective ways to evaluate teachers — using multiple measures. What I don’t support, however, is the present effort by the Gates Foundation that’s spending millions of dol...

Larryferlazzo
thejosevilson.com - Senator Bernie SandersOn Friday, I came back from another CoCoLoco meeting in which someone suggested I become an administrator (for the umpteenth time) because I was asked to be a table leader eve...

TheJLV





mets2006.wordpress.com - The basketball coach looked distraught, “What’s the matter?” “Report cards just came out, one of my best players is ineligible*.” “What are you going to do?” “Guess I’m going to have to c...

DianeRavitch




pheedcontent.com - Dunbar High School Principal Stephen Jackson was fired at the end of last school year by the private management group in charge of the school, but put back in the job last week by interim D.C. Scho...

alexanderruss