Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 24, 2010

Daily Kos: Bernstein's memories of Christmas

Daily Kos: Bernstein's memories of Christmas

Bernstein's memories of Christmas

ShareNew 0

Fri Dec 24, 2010 at 05:32:29 AM PST

Bernstein is a Jewish name. Although our family was Jewish, Christmas was in different ways a part of my childhood and adolescence. As an adult I spent the better two parts of two decades as a Christian, first in the Episcopal and then the Orthodox Church. Even since I left, first to Judaism and then to a Quaker Meeting, it has played a role in my life.

This dia4y will be a personal looking back. It is not that my experiences are so note-worthy. But there is a theme that will be evident.

I invite you to keep reading, even if you don't really care for the Holiday.

Peace.