Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 28, 2010

School Tech Connect: The Great Innovator

School Tech Connect: The Great Innovator

The Great Innovator

Let me see if I have this right--- and I'm serious, here. I think I'm missing something.

Illinois has adopted the Common Core Standards, which means that everyone's going to be tested on those standards with the new magical tests that don't yet exist, starting in the 2014-2015 school year. The tests are going to be high level, computer-based, and they're not simply going to measure the distribution of poverty, in spite of the basic impossibility of this task, and notwithstanding the unwillingness of the Core people even to admit that there are factors (beyond teacher behavior) that affect education.

Every school district in the state is now trying to figure