Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Update: SCUSD Board Member Diana Rodriguez attending White House Summit on Education

Update: SCUSD Board Member Diana Rodriguez attending White House Summit on Education


Hello My Friend,

Today was an exciting and informational day. We heard from many of the top people in the White House Administration and got to ask tough questions and provide input for the areas we needed to see in our education system from a Policy perspective.

If you missed today's live webcast, you may want to visit the following link to catch up and see the questions and comments that were made:
http://www2.ed.gov/about/inits/list/hispanic-initiative/index.html

The Education Summit and Call to Action will continue on Tuesday, October 18th from 8:00 am to 11:00 am EST using the same link above, you can view the webcast live and ask your own questions directly to our speakers. Believe me, your questions are important and will be asked! In fact, your questions are very much appreciated!

Later, you will want to watch the signing ceremony, where I will be witness to President Obama signing the White House Initiative on Education Excellence for Hispanics at approximately 1 pm EST. Use the following link to view this special event:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/

I look forward in connecting with you when I return to Sacramento. We have so much work to do, but my networking and relationship building has brought many possibilities and open doors for us. For example, I was introduced to Mr. John Silvanus Wilson, Jr. the Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities. He and I had a great discussion about our Sacramento area needs and, per my request, he has promised to put Sacramento on his list to visit early next year.  I am excited about this and look forward to engaging our community leaders in this visit.

There are many more connections I've made all in the name of our precious children, who we need to place as a priority for their education needs.

Take care and I'll see you on the web!

Sincerely,


Diana Rodriguez
SCUSD Board Member
District 5
(916) 752-3686
http://www.scusd.edu/Pages/default.aspx