Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Blood, My Sweat, and My Test Scores � Outside the Cave

My Blood, My Sweat, and My Test Scores � Outside the Cave

My Blood, My Sweat, and My Test Scores

As you might know, this week the NYC DOE said it would release 12,000 teachers’ names and their students’ test scores on State ELA and math tests in grades 3-8. I teach high school, so I am not directly effected, buthere are my students’ Regents test scores from my four years teaching in NYC, anyway. I put them out there in solidarity with my brothers and sisters who are about the be put under the microscope.

You can have the scores, just please remember they are almost meaningless. They tell you about 5% of what I do. Here’s what they don’t tell you:

  • They don’t tell you that last year I taught 100% of our juniors who are special education students and/or