Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Louder Than A Bomb

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Louder Than A Bomb

Louder Than A Bomb

This review also appears in The Huffington Post


If like me, you're burnt out on all the Waiting for Supermanhype, I've got the perfect antidote. Go see Louder Than A Bomb, a brilliant and powerful documentary that is nothing less than eye poetry. I was lucky enough to score a couple of tickets to a sold-out showing at Chicago's International Film Festival but had to watch from the packed theater's second row. However, the tears running down my face weren't caused by my proximity to the screen, but from the power of spoken-word poetry and the stories behind the Chicago high school kids performing it.

No, there are no superheroes in this film, no Michelle Rhee or