Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blog U.: A View From MiddleMgmt of the U of P - Technology and Learning - Inside Higher Ed

Blog U.: A View From MiddleMgmt of the U of P - Technology and Learning - Inside Higher Ed
  • A View From MiddleMgmt of the U of P

    By Joshua Kim September 8, 2010 2:30 pm

    Great dialogue this week in our discussion of the relationship between the for-profit and non-profit educational sectors. Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

    In this post I'd like to quote extensively from MiddleMgmt, an employee on the "business side" of the University of Phoenix. The following quotes are taken from two e-mails that MiddleMgmt sent me. MiddleMgmt has asked that I protect their identity. The question of unnamed sources is one I don't really have my head around. In this case, I'm convinced that MiddleMgmt is both who they say they are, and that MiddleMgmt is approaching this discussion with genuine balance and a desire to honestly move the debate forward.

    I'd very much like to hear the ideas from someone in the leadership of a for-profit, with the hope they will take MiddleMgmt balanced approach.

    I've edited some for brevity: