Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, August 12, 2010

School Tech Connect: Go To Helsinki!

School Tech Connect: Go To Helsinki!

Go To Helsinki!

Illinois colleagues, the next time your Tea Party relative out in Wheaton (or wherever) tells you that Illinois is just spending too much money and has to come to terms with reality (meaning, convert your pension to a 403B), be prepared with the facts. The Center For Tax and Budget Accountability has a nice little document out that explains even for the math-challenged that Illinois is very near the bottom of the barrel in terms of spending relative to its GDP. 43rd, to be precise. We're 13th in real relative wealth, 43th in relative spending.

If I were a local association leader, I would start

Disperse!

Get this man out of government before he completely destroys the city. I've taken a lot of courses at Truman College-- I've had some really brilliant instructors. I've been in classes with kids who could barely communicate in standard English. They learned what they learned; I learned what I learned. We all got


Actually, I Just Want The Jameson

There's a pretty good letter to Robert Gibbs right here. I'd like to add my name to it. I'd also like to recognize that even though I think the President is actually worse