Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eduwonk � Blog Archive � National Standards and School Finance Litigation

Eduwonk � Blog Archive � National Standards and School Finance Litigation

National Standards and School Finance Litigation

Guest post by Jim Ryan
Ok, I’m done plugging my book; that’s as much marketing as I can stomach. Back to some questions that have puzzled me for a while and that might be of some interest to the rest of you. This is a long post, for which I apologize in advance.
The question for today is what might national standards mean for school finance litigation and vice-versa? I’m not tackling here whether school finance litigation is a good or a bad thing, or whether more money is the answer for some schools. Instead, I want to focus on the impact that national standards might have on the litigation and the impact that the litigation might have on the standards. I’ll leave it to you to judge whether these potential