Paul Strange announced today that he will not seek re-election to the Mt. Diablo school board.
In a post on the Mt. Diablo schools blog, Strange, a district trustee since 2006, wrote: "To properly serve the school district, I believe a school board member must commit in excess of a thousand hours per year to school board service. In the past few years, I have committed that level of time. This commitment has kept me away from my family and my business. When I first joined the district, my son was in kindergarten and my daughter in preschool. This year, they will be in fourth and fifth grade."
Strange is the second incumbent to decline to seek re-election in November. Longtime trustee Dick Allen also won't run again.
Three seats are open on the board; incumbent Linda Mayo has taken out papers for re-election. Today at 5 p.m. is