Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 6, 2010

42 Things to Get Your Kid Ready for School – Lily's Blackboard

42 Things to Get Your Kid Ready for School – Lily's Blackboard

42 Things to Get Your Kid Ready for School

There are different rituals for different families at this season of the year. When I was little, I got a new pair of shoes and a new “outfit”. My brothers got new “clothes” because, as they explained to me with a sneer, boys don’t wear “outfits” after the age of two.students in hallway
Mom took her six kids to K-Mart and we each picked out a notebook and pencils and crayons and a ruler and a pencil box to keep it all in. That was pretty much it.
We were pretty much ready to go back to school. Twenty years later, it was pretty much the same when I got my sons ready to go back to school. But now, twenty years past that, I wonder if “pretty much ready” is enough.