Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mr. Allen's 3rd Grade Blog: Thing #11 -What might my digital citizenship lesson look like and why? Five things I will tell my students about being good digital citizens.

Mr. Allen's 3rd Grade Blog


Mr. Allen's 3rd Grade Blog: Thing #11 -What might my digital citizenship lesson look like and why? Five things I will tell my students about being good digital citizens.:

Thing #11 -What might my digital citizenship lesson look like and why? Five things I will tell my students about being good digital citizens.

1. Be respectful of other peoples’ feelings. Just because you find something to be funny does not mean that it does not offend others. Be courteous of those around you and before you post something on the internet, think how others may react to it.

2. Be careful of what you access on the internet. Most sites are useful, entertaining and safe. However, there are people in this world with bad intentions that may put inappropriate material online. Luckily for us, Spring Branch Independent School District works hard to keep that type of material off our school internet. But even with that protection, there are risks. Think of it this way, would you show a family member the material you are seeing. If not, stay away from it. If you are not sure if what you are seeing is inappropriate, ask me and I will look at it to help you