Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 20, 2010

School Tech Connect: On A Lighter Note

School Tech Connect: On A Lighter Note

On A Lighter Note

This RSS clip on my blogroll has been making me laugh for a week now.



But I can't get that song out of my head! Way to go, Miss Cheska!

Tolerance Can Actually Be A Virtue

Reer. (cat noise)

I understand what he's saying, and nobody is a more eloquent advocate for technology in education but the whole "zero tolerance" language makes me nervous.

If I were back in the classroom, I would think long and hard before committing to a tech-centric, web-energized, project-based approach unless I had a really good 1:1 laptop program, awesome connectivity at school and in the homes of my students, freedom from draconian filters, and permission to go off-script, as it were.

I think if I were in a school with, for example, a laptop cart that I had to check out and which sucked no matter how wonderful the tech director made it sound, or in a school where I had to ask for every little thing to be