Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does Michelle Obama's Discipline Style Work for You? - Parents - Families.com



Does Michelle Obama's Discipline Style Work for You? - Parents - Families.com:

"In Barbara Walters' interview with First Lady Michelle Obama, who she chose as the 'Most Fascinating Person of 2009', they had the opportunity to speak about parenting.

Mrs. Obama admits to trying to spank her kids in the past but found it unproductive. She says that she now issues 'lots of lectures' in the place of spankings.

I definitely understand where she's coming from. While I am not against spanking, I can count the number of spankings I have given on one hand. For the most part, I found that spanking or the threat of it only works for some kids. For others, it becomes a challenge and they become tougher and more defiant."