Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Education Matters: Something doesn't add up CARES edition

Education Matters: Something doesn't add up CARES edition

Something doesn't add up CARES edition



So the CARES act was designed to help schools set up and be safe during the Pandemic.

Detroit a school system about 2/3rds our size received 85 million.



I know we spent 4 million on screens, 200k on masks and I am sure that the bottle of hand sanitizer I received wasn't free but according to my calculations and I am no math major we are still a long way from 85 million.

By June 30th we had only spent 10 million dollars.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/06/22/duval-school-district-has-spent-over-10-million-in-response-to-covid-19/

Still a long way from CONTINUE READING: Education Matters: Something doesn't add up CARES edition