Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 9, 2017

CHALLENGING A FAILED POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SYSTEM PART I of III blogs | Dr. Edward F. Berger

CHALLENGING A FAILED POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SYSTEM PART I of III blogs | Dr. Edward F. Berger:

CHALLENGING A FAILED POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SYSTEM

Image result for CHALLENGING A FAILED POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SYSTEM
America is now led by people who have power because they do not follow the ethical and moral concepts that I once thought inviolate. We are experiencing the exact opposite of what I was taught, what I taught students, and what I believe. I am being forced to re-examine the values that have guided me for over 77 years, and to try to understand those in power.
I am searching to know how those in power construct their belief systems. This first of three blogs is based on what I have learned about the roots of their understanding.
They believe:
That we have an expanding population and a limited economic system that is unable to provide for the masses. There are over 340 million people who are Americans. Our population is growing at an exponential rate. This generates increasing numbers of people to be employed, maintained, and useful. At the same time, automation of manufacturing and marketplace competition have lowered the opportunities for jobs. To them, this means that the economy does not generate enough demand for workers except temporarily in the aging infrastructure area. Projecting infrastructure repair and expansion jobs out ten years or so they assume that most jobs end and we can no longer sustain these higher employment levels. They conclude that these expenditures create a bump in employment, but end up leaving people unemployed, unproductive, and burdens on the state.
They believe that as our current economy is barely providing adequate work for millions of people. Good-paying jobs are shrinking, while service sector low-paying jobs are barely keeping people employed at wages – based on their worth – that do not sustain workers and their families. As citizens, cannot work to generate adequate income for food CHALLENGING A FAILED POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SYSTEM PART I of III blogs | Dr. Edward F. Berger:

Ending The Futility Caused By Inaction Blog Part Iii
It is true that humanity is nearing a point where we have poisoned our planet. We have expanded until we are in danger of exhausting our options and now hope science can enhance the chances of our survival. We continue to increase the number of people that need food, clothing, shelter, medical care, meaningful employment and security based upon the rule of law. We Earthlings are teetering on the
ARE WE AWAKE? PART II of III
When I was about fourteen, I was given a photo of my maternal grandfather who had died long before I was born. I picked up the photo and stared into my own eyes, like looking into a mirror. Strange energy tingled through me. I still recall that connection. What I learned changed the way I got to know people. As a