Defend Public Ed: Take Action NOW!
Mother Crusader posted an in-depth piece on her yesterday. Here's just one image from the post showing how deeply DeVos is sewn into the fabric of DC:
The possibility of having her as Secretary of Education makes me long for the days of (dare I say it?) Arne Duncan.
So, what can you do besides reading and sharing Mother Crusader's post? Here are a few more things:
- Join the Thunderclap started by the Badass Teachers Association by clicking on this link:
- Read and share the BATs press release on DeVos
- Sign and share this letter to your US Senator started by Carol Burris of the Network for Public Education
- Call your US Senator and tell him or her that you want them to vote No on DeVos's nomination. It's not enough just to write. You need to follow up with a phone call.
- Follow the Network for Public Education (NPE) on Facebook and Twitter and participate in the actions they organize.
- And of course, continue educating your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers on the dangers of privatization.
Hope to see many of you in Washington on January 21st!