Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 12, 2016

“Union Shill”: I am more than a label, I am me – Cloaking Inequity

“Union Shill”: I am more than a label, I am me – Cloaking Inequity:

“Union Shill”: I am more than a label, I am me


Drop Labels is a upcoming social media campaign using videos to share personal stories of individuals discussing a particular label that has impacted their life. At the end of every video, the filmed individual asks for their friends to upload their personal videos on DropLabels.Org to start a viral movement. They are also working with nonprofits to share stories of those that receive service, and in return, they share information about the nonprofits that participate – such as sharing links for donations, information, and or resources. Their end goal, is to bring awareness to labels and reduce prejudice and stigmas. Furthermore, to also share information about nonprofits that work to bring communities together and assist with reducing discrimination, along with increasing their donations and support.
My short clip deals with my perspective on the label “union shill” I discuss my beliefs about labor and my family history in the labor movement.
I am more than a label, I am me
How can you make a Drop Labels video right now?:
  1. Use your personal camera, phone, tablet, or computer to record a 2-8 minute long video
  2. In the video, describe a label that has impacted your life. Labels can be words or certain categories such as ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and etc.
  3. At the end of the video state “Join me and others in this movement by uploading your personal video on DropLabels.Org
  4. Send video to Chloe Messdaghi at messdaghi@gmail.com as soon as possible.
They are launching the campaign at some point in September. On the day of the launch, they will send you a link of your personal video on our site to be shared within your social media network, as well as asking for your friends and family to make videos as well.🙂
Check out and follow my YouTube channel here.
Please Facebook Like, Tweet, etc below and/or reblog to share this discussion with others.
Want to know about Cloaking Inequity’s freshly pressed conversations about educational policy? Click the “Follow blog by email” button on the home page.
Twitter: @ProfessorJVH
Click here for Vitae.
 “Union Shill”: I am more than a label, I am me – Cloaking Inequity: