Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 9, 2014

2-9-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:











In the NEA, this is what democracy looks like.

Whoever thought it would be so hard to run for union delegate as a retiree? A quick review. I retired in June of 2012. I changed my union membership for active to retired. The switch didn’t get processed in time for me to run statewide as delegate to the 2013 IEA Representative Assembly. But I was eligible to run for the 2013 NEA national meeting. I did run and was elected. But when I ran this pas
2-8-14 Fred All Week Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Fred All Week Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacherKeeping retirement weird.  We weren’t the oldest couple at Tipitina’s last night. But I didn’t notice any that were older. Anne and I left Chicago yesterday morning when the thermometer read minus four. We had had enough. We neede