Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 15, 2013

12-15-13 teacherken at Daily Kos: 222 years ago today

Daily Kos: 222 years ago today:








222 years ago today
the Bill of Rights was ratified and went into effect. We do not honor this day as we do Constitution Day, the day the Convention accepted the document that established our system of government. We should. George Mason would not sign the original because it lacked a Bill of Rights, and after all, he was the author of the Virginia Declaration of Rights in 1776. Virginia might well not have ratified


teacherken at Daily Kos This Week 12-14-13
teacherken at Daily Kos:teacherken at Daily Kos This Weekmark as readRandom? thoughts on a Saturday morningToday, like most Saturday mornings, I sit in my Starbucks beginning shortly after it opens at 6 AM - after all, I get up during the week at 4, and it is hard to sleep late even if I wanted to. Regular readers know I am wont to peruse various publications to see if there is writing I believe w