Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

10-29-13 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:






Oct. 30 PEP: Parents, Teachers, Clergy and Students to Rally for End To School Closures and Co-Locations
Gotta switch mind-sets after the last post and focus on the PEP at Prospect Hts HS. I will be there to get what footage I can. First a rally, then let's go in a sign up for 2 minutes of speaking time and support the schools under assault.From MORE: Attached is the final flier for Wednesday's PEP in Brooklyn at Prospect Heights HS. Print some copies and bring them at 5:30 for the Funeral Procession


Speakers to testify release for NYC's Senate hearing on school issues
I was going to go to the Portelos hearing today but I'm in a car heading to Philly - don't worry, I'm not driving. My alternate was to go to the Flanagan hearings today where many of our allies from Change the Stakes and Class Size Matters are testifying today.The unholy trio - Tisch, Mulgrew and Walcott, all pushing the same drug in different doses lead off. There's even an E4E slug listed. (Did
Sandy Redux: Norm in The Wave
I've been a little too busy to do regular blogging the past few days and I am not reporting on lots of stuff going on. Tomorrow (weds) night is the 2nd of the Bloomberg forced co-loco PEP meetings. I'll report on that tonight as there are some interesting events going on before the meeting.I just finished my column which will be published Friday, Nov. 1. Last week The Wave published a spectacular



10-28-13 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: Ravitch on MSNBCI haven't seen this yet but am reposting from the Ravitch blog for the Ed Notes archives. The discussion about charter schools has been changing - just see this: Top 16 NYC charter school executives earn more than Chancellor Dennis Walcott - Daily Newshttp://m.nydailynews.com/1.1497717The interview and panel discussion were broken into three segments which do not f