Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

LAUSD, UTLA, Warren Fletcher - Perdaily.com

LAUSD, UTLA, Warren Fletcher - Perdaily.com:

LAUSD "RUBBER ROOM" TEACHERS MEET AT UTLA

Rubber Room.jpg
(Mensaje se repite en Español)

Last Wednesday, August 28th, housed teachers came together at the United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA) to finally try and address their targeting by the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) 

Upon arriving at UTLA to attend this meeting I had been invited to, I was told that I was on a security list that barred my entry into the building. This is probably due to the fact that I am in the process of suing UTLA and their attorneys at Trygstad, Schwab & Trygstad for doing worse than nothing to stop the coordinated attack on the teachers they are paid by teachers' dues to defend. After some intervention on my behalf, I was finally allowed in, but only go up to the 9th floor to attend the meetings. I was told never to go to the UTLA office.

This made me wonder. If I succeed in my belated Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) action in being reinstated to my teaching job at LAUSD - after more than 3 years of LAUSD and UTLA stalling in hopes that I would retire, just go away, or die - wouldn't UTLA expect to collect my back dues for the last 3 plus years? How could they claim dues from a teacher that is not allowing in their