Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Let’s talk about CCSS (Common Core State Standards) and the CCSS Wars | Crazy Crawfish's Blog

Let’s talk about CCSS (Common Core State Standards) and the CCSS Wars | Crazy Crawfish's Blog:

Let’s talk about CCSS (Common Core State Standards) and the CCSS Wars

Posted on July 4, 2013

Had to try an make this topic at least "look" a little more interesting. . .
Had to try an make this topic at least “look” a little more interesting. . .
If you are a teacher, you know what CCSS is, but for those of you who don’t let me give you a refresher from what I can recall off the top of my head. Forgive me if this is incomplete and feel free to fill in the blanks or correct me.
Some years ago
in a galaxy not so very far away
the NGA (National Governor’s Association)
with some funding from Bill Gates
and prodding by the US Department of Education
embarked on a