Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 8, 2012

School Tech Connect: Tis The Season...

School Tech Connect: Tis The Season...:


Tis The Season...

...For checking out your sample ballot.  I hate when I walk into a polling place to find out that I've prepped for only one or two questions. If I were teaching civics, I'd lead with the sample ballot tomorrow.

Here's my ballot.  That nasty Amendment 49 is the first thing there. Well, actually, an interpretation of it is there because the actual language is too long for the ballot. I don't know how people can be asked to vote on an interpretation. That itself seems like fraud. So, the November ballot itself leads with a fraudulent question. Nice.

What else is there?







There's this electrical aggregation question, which I have tried not to think about because it irks me that I'm being asked to weigh in on a pretty specific policy, yet I can't vote for the people running the school board.

I'll poke around a little more on this. The Trib and Rahm are