Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 17, 2012

The in box. CReATE: Value Added Measures (VAM) are neither valid or reliable. « Fred Klonsky

The in box. CReATE: Value Added Measures (VAM) are neither valid or reliable. « Fred Klonsky:


The in box. CReATE: Value Added Measures (VAM) are neither valid or reliable.

Media Release:
For Immediate Distribution
Contact information:
Isabel Nunez, Professor, Concordia University Chicago,
isabel.nunez@cuchicago.edu, 708-209-3518
Erica Meiners, Professor, Northeastern Illinois University,
e-meiners@neiu.edu, 773-816-6561
Chicago, IL. As the Chicago Teachers Union begins the second week of
their strike, some political leaders and media commentators are quick to


Tony at the Red Line Tap.



“Hey, Mr. Red Shirt. What’s goin’ on?”
I grabbed a stool. “Marty. Let me have a Lurago Marinone. Man. This retirement deal keeps me busier than when I was working,” I said. “I was over by a school this morning. But no rallies this afternoon. Folks are looking at the deal.”
“Good thing,” says Tony. “Gotta check out those contracts carefully.”
“What do you know about contracts, Tony? Don’t you need to have a job to sign a contract?”
“Point taken. But I go by what my cousin BeBe always said.”
“Your cousin BeBe?”
“Yeh. BeBe. The car salesman. Cousin BeBe always said, ‘You can’t sell a piece a crap to a guy who reads the


The Real News: Chicago teachers strike.

I’m not a lawyer, but I play one on this report.
Popout