Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chicago Teachers Strike: Why I'm On Strike & What I'm Telling My Family and Friends | K-12 News Network

Chicago Teachers Strike: Why I'm On Strike & What I'm Telling My Family and Friends | K-12 News Network:


Chicago Teachers Strike: Why I’m On Strike & What I’m Telling My Family and Friends

As the strike makes national news I am finding along with many teachers that many people are weighing in on the strike who really have no idea what is going on and are basing their opinions off a 2 minute news clip. Here are the talking points and explanation I will share with my family.
Dear Friends and Family,
As the Chicago Teachers Strike becomes national news it is important to remember a few things:
A) I am almost complete with my master’s in Urban Education Policy Studies. What this means is I have dedicated my entire post graduate degree to understanding how urban school systems work and what makes