Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 18, 2012

Schools Matter: Krash Course #9: Accountability: A Quiz

Schools Matter: Krash Course #9: Accountability: A Quiz:


Krash Course #9: Accountability: A Quiz

Comments posted on my recent piece at The Answer Sheet, "What teachers don’t need (but are getting anyway)," include a typical refrain best confronted by this posting from jdman2:
"Doesn't it seem strange that the issue always degenerates into the question of 'accountability' when those that do the questioning will never be held accountable if their --opinion-- is proved wrong?"
In fact, another posting, from WashingtonDame, directly accused me of calling for no teacher accountability:
"In other words, 'I don't need to be accountable to anybody, including the parents of my children, the principal of my schools, or the taxpayers who fund my salary.'

"Sorry, that's just not acceptable."
So let's apply the system now in favor with the