Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Who Can You Trust? Part 2

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Who Can You Trust? Part 2:

Who Can You Trust? Part 2

I guess no one.

So from what I was following on the superintendent search (both in person and reading minutes), I thought I understood how the superintendent search would be working. Of course, we are still waiting on the webpage for this information (tick tock).

I had understood the search committee to be made up of the following:
  • 7 Board members
  • 1 SEA rep
  • 1 PASS rep
  • 1 SCPTSA rep
  • 1 staff person from Central Administration
  • 1 Local 609 rep
That's 12 people. But then I find out that there have been interviews with other people/groups with the consultant group, Hazard, Young, Attea and Associates. This included the Alliance for Education who apparently sent five people and Our Schools Coalition and Asian Pacific Directors Coalition. It is unclear how any of the groups were selected. The interviews were to help get ideas about questions for the candidates and what the community