Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 20, 2012

School Tech Connect: Save Our Schools

School Tech Connect: Save Our Schools:

Save Our Schools

I was unable to stay for the protest going on over at the mayor's house tonight, but I did spend some time with the protestors gathering at Lakeview High School. Weird how everyone there knew the issues, could identify with a specific school, and didn't have to be paid by a corrupt Rahm insider.

I was looking through my camera for a shot that sort of encapsulated the moment, and I've decided to roll with the one below. I didn't ask the young man his name or what school he attends. I was thinking about the lessons young people learn from the adults around them.

This young man is about to learn a lesson about being silenced, about being dispersed, and about being a