Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

School Tech Connect: Round Up The Librarians...

School Tech Connect: Round Up The Librarians...:

Round Up The Librarians...

...and put them in labor camps.

Basically, the powers that be want to run the libraries with volunteers. It's all about those onerous work rules.






I loathe these people, including my alderman. Did you hear about the TIF figures at the very end? They could keep the libraries open, but their goal is to create a hatred for unions.

By the way, a lifetime ago--after 22 years of teaching 8th grade English, I was working toward an MLS degree in Tucson--- I passed a school librarian certification exam and got snapped up as a school librarian at a middle school. I read hundreds of young adult books, threw my life into booktalks and increasing the circulation; I taught